Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wake Up!




I do not like to go to bed

Because I know it means

A struggle for this sleepyhead

To awaken from my dreams.


So now I've made a system

For waking up. You see,

Each night before I go to bed

I set my clock for three.


At three o'clock the buzzer sounds

I stumble 'cross the floor.

Yawning, cussing, with a frown

I set the clock for four.


Four o'clock comes all too soon.

I barely am alive.

I look outside and see the moon!

And set the clock for five.


At five o'clock I realize

That I'm in quite a fix.

I lie in bed and dream sweet dreams.

I've set the clock for six.


At six o'clock another system

Starts to come to light.

A snooze bar placed atop my clock

Helps extend my night.


So every ten minutes for an hour or so

I slap my clock around.

I'm sure the neighbors are awake

From all that buzzing sound!


I finally wake at seven fifteen

Not ready to face the day

But I am up and out the door.

I'm actually on my way!


So, if you hate mornings, like I do,

You might give this a try.

What works for me might work for you.

But wait -- I cannot lie!


I must admit, reluctantly,

A secret I have kept.

Every day I'm late for work

Because I overslept.



kbozell 5/19/04

No comments: