Thursday, July 1, 2010

Why I hate Internet Dating Sites!

Ok, first of all, if you want to get more than just someone you can meet on the street or in a bar, you gotta pay to be on a website. Sure, you can flirt, send little messages, but if anyone sends one back to you, you can't read it, or even see a picture, unless you pay. And you pay BIG! So I went on the one you see on TV all the time. Oh everybody is soooo happy, and so in love, yada yada yada... It's $59.95 a month! You can do a year for a lot less, but they charge ya $200 + at one time, so you are out the money and still don't know if they will be able to match you on the deepest level. I highly doubt if there are refunds. It's a crap shoot. As I've said before (possibly in this blog...sorry) I can get rejected for free.
But, my daughter encouraged me to try again, so I did. There is a free weekend coming up (how better to celebrate Independence Day than by getting hooked up with Mr Maybe Not Quite Right?) so I went ahead and took an hour and a half and answered all the questions, trying to be as honest and straightforward as possible. I thought I did fairly well. We shall see. Do I care? I'm not so sure about that....

The following are some of the answers that my "perfect matches" gave (and my comments on each.) You be the judge...is it worth $59.95 a month to be matched on these "deepest levels"???

When asked what books he has recently read: At this time, I read what is required for collage classes (maybe they'll teach him how to spell college while he's there...or maybe he's learning how to cut pictures out and paste them to a piece of cardboard for a nice dekorashun?)

When asked what the first thing people notice about him is: Im quit type.

Additional information: High risks reaps high reward; I do spend time up north in MI my home town. (It's risky up there in MI, huh??)

Occupation: i am gone alot (and how's that workin' out for ya?)

Three things he's thankful for: 1.that god being to me 2 that i all way being to take of my loveone. 3 that my health is still good thankful that other feeling come befor my onw i love alot like to laugh alot (wtf?)

Additional information: I don't have great table manners, but I will make you laugh. (Animal House anyone?? FOOD FIGHT!!!!!)

The first thing people notice about him: That I look mean but i am not (ha! says you!)
Which led naturally into the next question:
Additional information: Don't judge the book by the cover. No Photo no contact (isn't that kind of a contradiction?)

Things he wishes more people would notice about him: There is more to me than looks (if this is true, why don't people notice?)

The first thing people notice about Henry is : I go by Steve, not Henry (so....why did you put Henry on your profile? It's not like a legal document or anything...)

He likes to spend his leisure time: watch racing, building things, camping, having fun of any sort, shooting sports, fishing, hunting, 420 (In other words, gettin' stoned and shootin' guns an' animals an' shit!)

Oh, and the one that REALLY got me... When asked "Who was the most influential person in your life?" this guy answered: my wife. (now...is this ex-wife, late wife, CURRENT wife???)

There were more, some made me laugh out loud. Some were kind of sad. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get.) I'm pretty sure that was Henry/Steve.

Anyway, I just wanted to share these little tidbits with you. Glimpses of the Caucasian, not Hispanic, 45-62 year old male population who go online hoping to meet the girl of their dreams. Hey, maybe they are blogging about the fact that I like Twilight, and cats, and movies, and that I admit to being a couch potato. Who knows? At least I spelled potato correctly!

No comments: