Thursday, January 23, 2014

I Care!!!

You know…Day after day things happen in our lives. Good, bad..boring..indifferent…SSDD…one day after another the time goes by. All of a sudden a year is gone. But if you look at my blog..apparently nothing has happened to me since July of 2013!

This has made me wonder why I started writing a blog in the first place. I used to fancy myself some kind of writer. Maybe I would eventually write a book. Maybe I would write something that people would re-post on Facebook.  Maybe someone would find me interesting.  Lots of maybes…but still I don’t write much. Why is this? 

Some things, I suppose, are too personal to put out there for all to see. There are things that are deliberately kept secret, and they sure don’t need to be broadcast on the internet.  I don’t know if this is just my issue or not, but I read other people’s blogs and it’s obvious they write just for the joy of writing.  Some write very well, others…not so well, but still entertaining. But I compare my writings to theirs and I seem to be so boring!! And I ask myself…who cares about my cats and my decorations and my car and all the other things that make up my mundane existence? 

The answer is: I do! I care! And therein lies the problem with me and my blog. I have been writing because I think people might want to read it. What I should be doing is writing because I want to write.
I keep a little journal. It’s a 10 year journal and I have pretty much faithfully written in it at least once a week since I got it in January 2012. Not too bad considering. But it’s mostly just a record of daily “stuff” with a few extra things thrown in. It’s a really nice journal. If you’re interested, you can get it here:  http://www.journal10.com/   My daily entries mostly consist of:  I worked. I’m tired. I’m still not smoking. I still am not on my diet. I gained weight. I lost weight. I smoked. Cold today. Hot today. Gas $3.50. Gas $3.99. Gas $3.20. Rain, snow, sleet, hail, tornado, blizzard,etc. It’s like the old Chinese restaurant menu. Choose one from Column A and one from Column B. This is my day.

But what is IN that day? THAT’S the interesting stuff. The things my mind comes up with on a daily basis. These are the roadmaps for following my dreams. Being creative. Doing the things that I love doing. Getting out from in front of the TV or computer long enough to actually DO something creative. That’s the rub. Because I hadn’t realized that I shouldn’t do creative stuff for others. I need to do it for myself. It makes me happy to create and yet I get bogged down in the daily crap and only do it in small bursts. People who create for a living do it because they love doing it..not to make the money..but because they CAN!

Another thing I just realized is that people who are successful bloggers just assume that there are people who want to read what they have to say! **LIGHTBULB MOMENT!!** 

This is the lesson of the day. I’m not trying to please my mother, my boss, that future Mr Right, my art teacher, or any of my 271 friends on Facebook and Pinterest. I am going to create to please myself, because I am good at it, and it makes me happy. And I want to be happy!!

So hopefully there will be more blogs with my creations pictured. No, not hopefully, there WILL be more blogs with my creations pictured.   And if you like, please let me know.

It will also make me happy to know you enjoy my blog.

Just sayin’!  



No comments: